Adriatic Danubian Clustering-ADC www.adcproject.eu
The South East Europe Transnational Cooperation Programme
Priority: Development of transnational synergies for sustainable growth areas
Area of intervention: Promote a balanced pattern of attractive and accessible growth areas
The partner countries in the project were: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Italy (with four regions: Veneto, Friuli Venice Gulia, Emilia Romagna and Molise), Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia (with two regions: Podravje and Primorska).
- Region of Veneto, Italy-Lead Partner
- Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Gulia, Italy
- Emilia Romagna Region, Italy
- Molise Region, Italy
- Bulgaria Economic Forum, Bulgaria
- Hungarian Investment and Trade Agency (HITA), Hungary
- Maribor Development Agency, Slovenia
- Centre for Promotion of Entrepreneurship Piran, Slovenia
- Institute of Economic Forecasting, Romania
- Directorate for Development of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Montenegro
- City of Niš, Serbia
- Republic Agency for the Development of Small and Medium Enterprises of Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Regional Development Agency of Dubrovnik-Neretva County DUNEA, Croatia
Overall project budget 2.060.000 €
Overall project budget in Bosnia and Herzegovina 60.000 €
Duration 36 months
April 2009-March 2012. in EU countries;
30 months (December 2009-June 2012.) in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
General objective: Strengthen the territorial marketing of the Adriatic-Danubian area in relation to other regions of the global economy, with the aim of developing local economies and their endogenous resources by creating sectoral network relationships suitable for making more competitive transnational value chains and fostering FDI attractiveness.
Expected final result: The establishment of an Adriatic-Danubian real and integrated network as a tool for the promotion of sectoral value chians (extended transnational clusters) working in a true regional productive system.
ADC partnership provided great efforts to support the companies in four economic sectors of strategic importance for the countries involved in the ADC project, preferable integrated in national clusters, to cooperate among themselves for the formation and/or development of competitive and effective transnational clusters
Through realization of ADC project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, an opportunity was given for inclusion of cluster and cluster initiatives in transnational clusters as well as opportunity for internationalization of SMEs and connecting with European partners.